Sunday, January 9, 2011

Knit on!

I love knitting and crocheting.  Absolutely love them.  I started knitting when I was a senior in high school, and crocheting my junior year of college.  I love them so much, I even got a tattoo of a ball of yarn with knitting needles and a crochet hook on my right arm.  I drew up the design myself.

This picture was taken over a year ago.  Hey, you can see my natural hair color!

I've always got multiple projects going at one time.  Here's the list of what I'm working, including the one I'll be casting on soon:


  • Ravenclaw scarf.  I'm using Caron Simply Soft.  I've made a Gryffindor Scarf (didn't know about stockinette stitch and curling at the time) and a Slytherin Scarf (which is HUUUUUUUGE!)  I need more scarves and was on a HP kick at the time.
  • Plain socks using Christmas sock yarn.  I am using the "Choice of Options Socks" pattern I found on Ravelry.  This is most likely getting put on hold because of the next project listed (I need the needles!)
  • Slytherin Socks.  For Christmas I told one of my friends I would knit her something.  As I was listing off the options she immediately said "socks!"  She didn't care about the others, haha.  I love knitting socks.  She fell in love with a pattern for Slytherin Socks, so that's what she's getting!  The pattern is "Slytherin Pride Socks" by Ann Kingstone, and they can be found and bought on Ravelry.  I've got two other Harry Potter sock patterns from this person waiting to be made.
  • Cupcake Scarf.  I got a book called "Twinkie Chan's Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies" for Christmas.  The patterns in here are ADORABLE!  I decided to start with the cupcake scarf, because I liked the pink colored yarn recommended.  Homespun is a pain in the ass to crochet with, but once you get the hang of it it's fun.

I was going to post WIP pictures of the projects, but I'm slightly lazy tonight.  Oh well, time to go knit some more!

Oh, and I'm Nerdfins on Ravelry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment