Friday, February 3, 2012

On Happy Things.

I was going to write a long post ranting about the Planned Parenthood defunding, but I changed my mind.  Why?  Because I feel like posting about something happy today.  (Though $400,000+ raised for Planned Parenthood within 24 hours with more coming in is something VERY happy!  Yay!)

 My current knitting project of the moment is a cardigan from the book A Close-Knit Family.  I bought it at a garage sale earlier in the summer, and found the perfect basic cardigan pattern in it to use up some yarn from a project that I had to frog because I lost weight.  The cardigan is called Woman's Shawl-Collared Cardigan, and I'm making it in Bernat Softee Chunky in the color Natural. The back is done, and now I'm working on the front left panel.

The color is more yellow in real life, but I like playing with Instagram filters.

I have a couple other projects that I've been working on for awhile that are for other people (the Slytherin Socks from awhile ago still included), but I'm so tired of knitting for others that I want to knit for me right now.  ME!

Still no War of the Worlds tattoo picture yet because I've been lazy, but I did get an appointment booked for my next tattoo.  It will be a fancy dressed owl with a cup of tea, some tea leaves around it, and the words "Tea Time."  I got the idea from a Threadless picture I saved from awhile back, except mine will be in color.

Tea and Owls.  Two of my favorite things.

I'm getting it on my right forearm a few days after my birthday, so it will be a 25th birthday present to myself.  Hmm, maybe I should have a cup of tea while I'm getting it done... Nah, I'll stick with the Powerade Zero and Reese's Pieces.  I'll probably shake and spill the tea all over myself.

I also finally got a pair of Dr. Martens boots!  I've been wanting them for awhile now, but could not afford it until recently.  They fit so well, and I already want another pair.  Maybe I'll get hot pink ones next.

Feet!

To top off this post, here's a picture of Loki with her new favorite toy: a rubber band.

"Mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment