Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thrifty finds.

I told myself I wasn't going to do any clothes shopping until I finished all of my laundry.  I resisted buying any new clothes online, no matter how lovely or cute they were.  "Ooo, look at those cute shoes!  And those earrings!  No!  Look but don't buy.  Look buy don't buy..."  Even Matt reminded me that I need to get laundry done before I brought more clothes into the apartment.  However, I caved on Monday and went thrift shopping.  I hadn't done it in a couple months, and needed my fix.  I'm also getting really antsy about garage sale season.  Reading blogs about it did not really help me either, but in the end it turned out I had some good finds.

After an oh-so-lovely dentist appointment (two shots of novocane, oh my!), my first stop was Goodwill.  I prefer shopping here as opposed to the Salvation Army, (I'll leave the Salvation Army rant for another day.)  My goal was to find a blue cardigan.  I've got some shirts that would look great with one, but alas, I have a lot of black cardigans and sweatshirts instead.  I followed my usual pattern of first looking at the shoes and craft stuff, then purses, books, and moving to the housewares.  A fat chicken statue was sitting there just waiting to be scooped up by me.  I might have squeaked in glee when seeing it.  I love chickens, and I think fat statues of them are adorable.  I made my way to the cardigans, and found a pretty blue striped one with bell sleeves.  It has lacy pattern holes on the front that I love.  I'll update with pictures later.

Next I stopped by a building where one thrift store was that I liked.  That one apparently closed and a new shop opened up called Glamor Girl.  They sell gently used and discounted fashion items.  The pink everywhere caught my eye.  There were lots of cute things, but one thing stuck out in particular.  A wool sweater.


Crappy picture is crappy.

I usually don't buy knitted things since I don't want people to think that I made them.  However, this one caught my eye.  It's beautifully made, not too scratchy, and it fits well!  I even don't mind the tassels on the bottom.  Oh, and LLAMAS!  I also snagged up a basic grey dress, and a hot pink and silver scarf to use as a headwrap.  I think I can label that as a good shopping day.

To finish, here's Loki and I being lazy bums.

Matt took this for me since I was being full of fail in trying to take a picture myself.  What a nice guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment